Arti Sangar, Emirates-Business and Law blog founder and primary author, is a seasoned international attorney representing major interests in commercial dispute-resolution and arbitration matters. She is also a savvy transactional attorney with matters such as private equity investments, corporate-restructuring, M&A, major real estate development projects, commercial dispute management and employment issues, under her belt. Fluent in several languages, she is enrolled as legal practitioner in Australia, India, and Dubai International Financial Center. She regularly authors or is quoted in articles with Middle-Eastern emphasis for publications such as Corporate Compliance Insights, Zawya, and Global Finance.
A former in-house counsel, Financial Partners Bank (FPB), Dubai, executing transactions in private equity matters, debt financing, corporate formation and restructuring, M&A, and joint ventures, and aiding formation of investment companies in Jersey, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, and other venues.
Law degrees from universities in Australia and India as well as Masters of Defense Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India.
Her background, experience, and a passion for subjects related to Middle East business and law combined with the Emirates’ growing interest in Latin American investment opportunities, where Diaz Reus has eight offices, inspired her to launch this blog to cover these topics. We hope you will gain perspective from our articles. You can contact Arti @
+971 (0) 4 4019809 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll Free # 877-247-9277
Arti Sangar’s Representative Cases
- Represented a major IT and Fortune 500 company in a dispute arising from the breach of an IT contract and non-payment of outstanding dues.
- Represented a U.S Forex company in relation to compliance, employment and other advisory matters.
- Managed and oversaw a litigation matter on behalf of a Kuwait-based company relating to a contractual dispute in the UAE.
- Oversaw large-scale property projects in Arab Emirates, China and Europe including Symphony Tower and Olympia Tower projects in Dubai and Clearwater Bay Project, Hong Kong.
- Negotiated and prepared a facility agreement worth US $10 million between a UK-based financial company and FPB in return for the acquisition of 10 percent shareholding in FP Bank.
- Worked in conjunction with Clyde & Co. Dubai office to advise on the restructuring of FP Bank’s group and their subsidiaries operating in several countries, including the UAE, Vanuatu, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, china, Thailand and Bali.
- Managed and provided consultancy to the General Manager of FPB’s Bali office with respect to a civil case involving a claim amount of US $788,000 that was initiated by one of FPB’s client.
- Provided legal advice to a Switzerland-based hospital with respect to the procedures involved in the incorporation of an LLC in the UAE.
- Acted for prestigious Scotland-based university Heriot Watt in setting up presence in Dubai knowledge City, UAE.
- Managed a civil case and defended a leading Spanish company trading in water treatment spas and other equipment in a civil suit of AED 2 million, arising out of commercial defraud, illegal diversion of business, breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresentation of accounts committed by their former General Manager.
- Represented and defended a joint venture between a UAE crane manufacturing company and a South African engineering and contracting company, in a civil suit initiated by the plaintiff to recover losses resulting from breach of a service contract.
- Represented an employee in a claim against a US tobacco company, seeking compensation for arbitrary dismissal, breach if fiduciary duties and miscalculation of end-of-service entitlements.
- Provided legal advice in various areas of labor and employment aspects, including end-of-service entitlements, wrongful dismissal, confidentiality and non-competition issues, computer monitoring, trade secrets and sexual harassment at workplace.